The latest update from HortNZ reminds people that the protocols and expectations around workplace bubbles, two metre distancing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are a minimum. Given the Delta COVID variant is so infectious, everyone needs to be vigilant.
- Use masks at all times, for the greatest protection and effectiveness, even though this is not mandatory
- Strengthen workplace bubbles, being particularly mindful of how staff travel to and from work and congregate during break times
- Maximise the distance between staff and reduce the density of staff in bubbles, as much as possible
- Regularly checking the temperatures of staff and visitors is recommended, along with keeping of records to strengthen the ability to trace the movements and interactions of staff
- Make sure that there are no financial disincentives for staff to stay at home when unwell
- Check and maintain ventilation systems to ensure optimum operation.
Here are some useful links:
If you are a member of NZ Apples & Pears, please go here for information.
If you are a member of NZ Avocado, please go here.
If you are a kiwifruit grower, please go here.
If you are a member of Potatoes NZ, please go here
And to view HortNZ’s COVID-19 Information, click here. HortNZ will provide further advice and communications as soon as details are made available.