Following the huge success of its previous Women in Wine NZ mentoring programmes, NZ Wine is delighted to launch the 2021 programme.
Eleven experienced female industry mentors have been paired with up-and-comers for six months. The mentees, who span roles including viticulture, winemaking, general management, marketing, HR, laboratory work and business owners, will be given career help including goal setting and planning.
The programme includes an induction workshop for both mentors and mentees, facilitated by Fiona Fenwick.
"Becoming a mentor enriched my life on a personal and professional level. It is a great feeling to give back by motivating and encouraging others,” noted Patricia Miranda-Taylor, past mentor.
The Women in Wine NZ mentors this year are:
- Lynnette Hudson from Tongue in Groove
- Jenny Dobson from Jenny Dobson Wines
- Julie Bassett from Constellation Brands
- Tiffani Graydon from Yealands
- Erica Crawford from Loveblock
- Julia O’Connell from The Booster Wine Group
- Lesley Boon from Pernod Ricard
- Anna Remond from Delegats
- Karin Schoch from Kina Beach
- Kerry Stainton-Herbert from Stewart Town Vineyard
- Tracy Taylor from Accolade Wines
“I feel I’ve grown and that I am challenging myself in different tasks while having a voice rather than being a bystander, which I find to be huge,” commented Larissa Duwakin, Mentee.