Anuga 2021 is promising to be a must-see event with exhibitors from 94 countries, a Corona-conform, fully booked fairgrounds, and the commitment of top international buyers to visit Cologne from 9 to 13 October 2021.
The world's largest trade fair for food and beverages is underlining its outstanding international significance as the leading global business platform and driving force for a successful post-Corona era. Anuga 2021 is treading new paths and will be staged as a hybrid format for the first time. Namely, the physical trade fair will be additionally enhanced by the digital element Anuga@home.
A current visitor survey on Anuga carried out among over 4,000 top buyers worldwide shows that there is no way around Anuga 2021.
- 88 percent of the survey respondents are planning to visit Anuga in October.
- 54 percent of whom intend to exclusively participate physically.
- 34 percent are going to engage in a mixture of personal and digital participation.
- Over 80 percent of the buyers stated that they are looking forward to finally being able to visit physical trade fairs like Anuga again.
- And 73 percent are totally convinced that visiting physical trade fairs is necessary in the food and beverage section and that they are irreplaceable.
- 85 percent stated that their product procurement was dependent on trade fairs.
- 87 percent of the survey respondents are also not considering reducing their number of trade fair visits.
- Only 6 percent are not planning to physically visit trade fairs in 2021.
To ensure they are optimally prepared for Anuga 2021, the visitors will receive extensive information on the themes arrival, hotel reservations, hygiene and safety at the fairgrounds, booking tickets and access in the run-up to the trade fair. Koelnmesse will strictly limit access to all events in the trade fair autumn of 2021 - from the build-up over the days of the trade fair, through to the dismantling - down to persons who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from the virus no longer than six months ago and those who have a current, negative test.
This "3G" principle, the observance of which will be strictly monitored, applies to all exhibitors, visitors and all further persons involved. Details on the on-site process will be announced in due time before Anuga.
The #B-SAFE4business concept developed by Koelnmesse in close coordination with the authorities is continuously reviewed and adapted to the current legal situation and applicable regulations. Here, digital technologies play an important role in the observance of the Corona protection measures at Anuga 2021. These include personalised, digital tickets, contactless access controls, to body scanners in the entrance areas.